Sunday, September 2, 2012

Not another project!

I have been thinking about making a CNC laser cutter for a while now and was inspired to start when I saw this laser cutter XY set up.
Its simplicity of design is what struck me and the fact that its made of fairly standard components.
So thats the design I'm going to follow morealess.
I'm keeping this blog as a record for myself as much as for anyone else who might want to look in!

On my shopping list so far are:

3X16mm open linear bearings (Ebay, china.)
3m 16mm round rod/shaft to suit above.( Reliance bearings JFK Ind Est, Dublin.)
4m 50X50X3mm Aluminium box section. (Miko Metals, Cork)
500mm 80X80X8 L angle.(Miko Metals, Cork)
2m 25X50X3mm Aluminium box section.(Healey's JFK Ind Est, Dublin)
6 3m24-15 timing pulleys (Rotate Ltd, Dublin Ind Est)
3 1800mm 3m-15 Timing belts (Poly-belt, USA, Internet)
4 flexable shaft couplers (Ebay, China)
2 Steppers(1 I have from a photocopier, 1 probably from Hobbycnc, USA)
Misc bolts!
Laser 40watt plus power supply (Ebay no doubt)
Mirrors (Dont know yet)
Mirror mounts (Dont know yet)
Cutter head (Dont know yet)

There will be plenty of photos along the way too... 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment