Thursday, September 13, 2012

Clamping plates 15 3m.

In this post, clamping plates and gantry assembly and other very very interesting things.
Lets start with blurry picture.
 The point I was trying to illustrate was the bevelling of the edges of the slots. I wanted the belt to sit in as deeply as possible, so the corners had to go. The piece of Al. above 10x10x50mm with the slots being 1.6mm wide 1.5 deep and 19mm long. On 3mm centres to match the belt...
I cut it on my CNC. I cut at .6mm per pass 100mm/min with 3in1 as cutting fluid.
Once I was happy that it was working I went ahead and cut the other 5.

I'll chop them up with a slot saw on the lathe.
Here is the slide on the gantry. The linear bearing arrived! I did notice that you must tighten the two grub screws in them to fix the bearing into the mount.
The belt clamp on the left is fixed and on the right is adjustable to tighten the belt.


No comments:

Post a Comment