Thursday, September 6, 2012

Good money for scrap metal

Here are some photos of progress!
Below is how the bottom frame will be held together. I am dubious about how good this method can be as there is no triangulation. The Aluminium here is box 50x50x3 and angle 80x80x8
 I'm not sure exactly how long the Y axis will be it is dictated by the length of the belts, plus whatever they are tied to, ie: the gantry.


 This is in no particular order, I'm kind of working on the whole thing at the same time. Its the way this has to happen as far as I can see. Every part has an effect on the other parts. Its messy!
Below is the gantry toothed pulley. 15 3m 24 size. That is to suit 15mm wide belt, 3mm pitch, 24 teeth.(thats a mouthful)
 I was out on a film shoot and I spotted the camera dolly was on round tracks, supported on a U channel, not a solid block. It must be stronger that I guessed. I used solid bar on my last supported rail effort for my CNC router.
 Here is the 1800 3m 15 belt from Polybelt in th US of all things this is dictating the size of my cutting area.
Its probably going to be under 900x900mm
Thats not the end of the world. Its also a floor space issue!
 There is the Y axis motor. Salvaged from an old photocopier, years ago! I drilled out the pully and pushed it on. It was drilled out on the lathe. I'll eventually put a grub screw into it.
 I'm really waiting for the linear bearings to arrive now. I don't want to do any work assuming they will match their description regarding tapped hole positions. C'mon China Post!

No comments:

Post a Comment